This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy.
  • You are in TOURIST LOCATIONS / TOURIST LOCATIONS
  • Baragazza

    (TOURIST LOCATIONS a Castiglione dei Pepoli)

    Contact: Urp Tel. 0534/801638-639
    Baragazza Castiglione dei Pepoli BO
    Tel. 0534 801611 Fax 0534 801700
    urp4@comune.castiglionedeipepoli.bo.it   http://www.comune.castiglionedeipepoli.bo.it  

    Baragazza is a small town on the hills (675mt) which has many religious buildings within its territory. The town is home to a church dedicated to San Michele; it was built in 1785 and the interior still preserves some precious original pieces of furniture and art works. Few kilometres from Baragazza lies the sanctuary of Madonna delle Grazie di Bocca di Rio, which is particularly renowned for its tradition and beauty. On July the 16th 1480, two local young shepherds saw the Madonna, and she asked them monastic vows and the building of a temple dedicated to her. The church was promptly erected, but the present building is more recent; the two side aisles structure dates back to the end of the XVI century, the facade and the arches were modified in 1770 and at the end of the XIX century. The church houses a ceramic Madonna, which is the same Madonna delle Grazie that local inhabitants put here four centuries ago; there are also two XVIII century canvases, some terracotta pieces and a collection of ex votos. Around Baragazza there are other oratories which are worth visiting: in Casigno (1690), in Ca' di Landino (this one has a peculiar roof), in San Giacomo delle Calvane (1629) and the oratory of San Sebastiano (1855). In the area there are also other interesting historical buildings: a tower (probably XIV century), the ruins of the XIII century castle of Civitella, the house of Ca' Ceccarini (which is partly from the XVI century).


  • Information by Redazione dell'Appennino Bolognese
    Last update: 01/02/15     (NewsID: 5000032)
more suggestions