This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy.
  • You are in TOURIST LOCATIONS / TOURIST LOCATIONS
  • Badolo

    (TOURIST LOCATIONS a Sasso Marconi)

    Loc. Badolo 40037 Sasso Marconi BO
    Tel. 051 843511 Fax 051 840802
    comsasso@iperbole.bologna.it   http://www.comune.sassomarconi.bologna.it  

    The territory of Badolo is characterized by rocky hills and mountains and its history is very ancient; this area is crossed by the so called 'Strada degli Dèi' (road of the gods), which is probably a Medieval road. A Roman underground aqueduct has been found on the spur of Ziano, in the village of Bettadizzo, not far from Badolo; this aqueduct once brought the water of the Setta river to Bologna. In the area there is also an ancient parish called Pieve del Pino, which is Medieval and it is dedicated to Sant'Ansano; it is surrounded by cypresses and located on a plateau. The church houses interesting XVII century paintings on canvas. Villa Cadestellano is in the village of Vizzano and it was erected in 1787; it is a rural building with very peculiar architectural features and its facade has two small towers. The interior is partly decorated with stuccos and with paintings in Luis XVI style, and it has a chapel with a painting depicting the vocation of St. Mathew, which was painted in 1787 by Francesco Giusti.


  • Information by Redazione dell'Appennino Bolognese
    Last update: 01/02/15     (NewsID: 5000079)
more suggestions