This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy.
  • You are in Sasso Marconi / TOURIST LOCATIONS / TOURIST LOCATIONS
  • Mongardino

    (TOURIST LOCATIONS a Sasso Marconi)

    Loc. Mongardino 40037 Sasso Marconi BO
    Tel. 051 843511 Fax 051 840802
    comsasso@iperbole.bologna.it   http://www.comune.sassomarconi.bologna.it  

    The territory of Mongardino is full of historical buildings, such as the houses 'Il Tufo' and 'Ca' de Torri', or the one in Rasiglio, which is between the rivers Reno and Lavino.
    Here can be found some interesting religious buildings, such as the church dedicated to Sant'Andrea; it was built around 1300 and still houses a valuable old organ.
    Near the chestnut woods there is a small village named Scopeto, where can be seen a nice isolated church and tower-houses built by the architects from Como.  
    In the village of Rasiglio lies the 'Ca' di Pipino', a XV century tower which used to be a fortress, and the XV century 'Casa dei Cavalieri', a typical local public architecture.
    In Tingano, the parish church is dedicated to San Martino and its bell tower is located on a near hill; in the same area there are also two XIX century oratories, one is dedicated to S. Maria and the other to the 'Sacra Famiglia' (Holy Family).
    The village of Lagune has a church dedicated to San Niccolò which is surrounded by woods and chestnut trees. Worthy of mention are also the XVI century tower, which is decorated with tiles, and the houses 'Casa Marconi' and 'Le Mandrie', both XVI-XVII century buildings with a tower.


  • Information by Redazione dell'Appennino Bolognese
    Last update: 01/02/15     (NewsID: 5000080)
more suggestions