This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy.
  • You are in Castel Di Casio / TOURIST LOCATIONS / TOURIST LOCATIONS
  • Suviana

    (TOURIST LOCATIONS a Castel Di Casio)

    Contact: Municipio di Castel di Casio 0534 44133
    Via Marconi, 9 (Municipio) 40030 Castel di Casio BO
    Tel. 0534 44133 (Municipio) Fax 0534 44286 (Municipio)
    segret.casio@cosea.bo.it   www.provincia.bologna.it/guida/comuni  
    Getting here: From Bologna drive along the main road S.S. 64 (the so called Porrettana) till Riola, and then take the S.P. 23.


    Suviana is a small village within the municipality of Castel di Casio.
    The village is located nearby the homonymous artificial lake, which was created in 1928 and that recently became a natural reserve. The natural park is 13 hectares and has facilities for fishing, sailing and surfing.
    Suviana has Medieval origins, as well as the church dedicated to San Giusto, although it was rebuilt in the XVIII century. The village hosted the headquarters of the political association of the lords of Stagno.
    Nearby the lake of Suviana can be seen a beautiful bridge which was preserved during the building of the artificial lake; the bridge was built in 1766 and designed by the architect Giovanni Giacomo Dotti, son of Carlo Francesco, who had designed the sanctuary of San Luca in Bologna.
    Worthy of mention is the parish church; it is dedicated to the saints Giusto and Clemente and houses some fine art works.
    Nearby Suviana can be seen the rural building 'Ca' dei Mucci', an interesting XV building which once had a tower.

  • Record 4 of 4      First     < Previous   

    Information by Redazione dell'Appennino Bolognese
    Last update: 28/01/15     (NewsID: 5482)
more suggestions